1114 AE Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
T. +31 (0)20-7602200
What will you be doing?
Your main focus will be the improvement of VakantieVeilingen and Vavabid, our B2C auction labels for leisure and travel. Optimizing a fast-paced auction website and app will bring you UX challenges that you have never encountered! Emesa is definitely not like every other e-commerce platform in the market.
You will be working on every UX aspect - from big functionalities to small improvements. Some examples? Create a new auction model, find ways to make our bidding process more fun or design a way to make our platforms more local.
You will be coordinating the design process from the definition of the design problem to the cross-device final designs. These will be A/B tested so you will have the chance to test the effectiveness of your designs and learn more about our users every week! In addition to this, you will define how and when we should use user research whether in-house or externally.
You will make wireframes, write requirements and UI specifications, working closely with a Visual Designer, a Conversion Specialist, Product Owners, Copywriters and two agile teams of Frontend Developers (web and app). Next to this, you will make sure designs are developed as intended by reviewing the work of the developers.
Gaining experience on a complex platform like ours will make your previous e-commerce tasks feel like a walk in the park. In other words, we offer a great learning place!
Desired skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction or similar field of study
• 3+ year of experience as a UX Designer
• Experience in managing UX sprints and lead other designers to the delivery of a completed sprint
• Experience in coaching and advice other designers
• Experience in the design of E-commerce flows for multiple devices (mobile, tablet, desktop) and platforms (app and web)
• Excellent knowledge of Axure or similar protyping tools
• Experience in writing user requirements and UI specifications
• Ability to work on different tasks simultaneously
• Strong attention to details and a structured way of working
• Ability to work in a team and receive constructive feedback
• Data (quantitative and qualitative) driven approach to design
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
Nice to have
• Knowledge of A/B testing and an interest in the idea of testing the impact of your design solutions
• Knowledge about qualitative user testing and user research
• Experience in working with developers• Experience in the business acceptance of frontend development
• Skills in Visual Design and prototyping. Knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch and Invision are a plus
• Ability to understand the technical feasibility and implications of your design solutions
• Passion for user psychology
• Ability to handle brainstorming sessions
What can you expect from us?
• An excellent salary and pension plan
• Big responsibility area and huge opportunities to make the difference
• Lots of room for your creativity & growth
• A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including drinks every Friday and legendary Emesa parties
• Compensation of travelling expenses
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check our company website www.emesa.nl or our labels www.vakantieveilingen.nl, www.vakantieveilingen.be, www.actievandedag.nl, www.actievandedag.be, www.vavabid.be and www.vavabid.fr
Developing yourself in our Academy.
Working out with your colleagues.
Having breakfast with our CEO.
Listening to inspiring e-commerce stories.
Contributing to innovative e-commerce initiatives.
Awesome parties and drinks.